The cornea unit consists of well-trained corneal surgeons and is well equipped with instrumentation and technology to provide state-of-the-art care for patients suffering from a wide variety of corneal diseases.
The cornea unit caters to the efficient diagnosis and management of a wide range of corneal diseases.
- Congenital and hereditary corneal disorders
- Corneal infections like corneal ulcers(bacterial, fungal, viral)
- Allergic eye diseases
- Immunologic disorders of cornea
- Keratoconus and other corneal degenerations
- Ocular surface disorders like chemical injuries, Stevens Johnson’s syndrome
- Ocular surface tumors etc.
Bharti Eye Hospital has an anterior segment imaging equipment with access to state-of-the-art technology.
Facilities & Diagnostic Services Available
- Corneal Topography (PENTACAM, OPD-3 SCAN)- Evaluates shape and power of corneal surface.
- Pachymetry- Measurement of corneal thickness
- Aberrometry-Measures the optical aberrations of the eyeball
- Specular Microscopy- Study of the corneal endothelium (cells that maintain corneal clarity)
- Anterior segment OCT
- Anterior segment digital photography
- Microbiological and histopathological evaluation of diseases
- Specialized Contact lens fitting – for irregular cornea, keratoconus and for therapeutic purposes
The department offers most recent advances in the field of corneal surgery which include:
Penetrating keratoplasty(Corneal transplant)
(Optical, tectonic and therapeutic) with anterior segment reconstruction, Combined with SFIOL, Vitreo-retinal procedures and Paediatric Penetrating keratoplasty
Lamellar corneal surgeries:
- Including Deep Anterior Lamellar Keratoplasty (DALK)
- Anterior lamellar keratoplasty(ALK)
- Automated Lamellar Therapeutic Keratoplasty (ALTK)
Endothelial keratoplasty: Descemet’s Stripping Endothelial keratoplasty(DSEK)
Variety of surgeries for ocular surface disorder:
- Ocular surface reconstruction
- Pterygium surgery with autograft
- Surgeries for Steven Johnson syndrome, chemical injury
- Amniotic membrane grafting
- Mucous membrane grafting
- Stem cell transplant (Simple limbal epithelial transplant(SLET)
- Incision/Excision biopsy for ocular surface tumour
All spectrum of management modalities for keratoconus patients are available at our hospital
- Collagen cross linking(KXL,C3R). A new modality for arresting progression of keratoconus by strengthening the corneal collagen fibres, involving the use of UV-Light and Riboflavin.
- Intrastromal corneal ring segment(INTACS)
- Toric ICL lenses to remove the refractive error for keratoconus patients
- Rigid contact lenses(RGP)
- Hybrid contact lenses (Rose-K)
- Scleral contact lenses
Cornea Transplant Cost in Delhi
Bharti eye hospital is well equipped, NABH accredited eye hospital that human organ transplant act permission from government of India for conducting the cornea transplant. The cornea surgeons at Bharti eye hospital are specially trained in performing corneal transplant. Our Cornea specialist is trained at L V Prasad Eye Institute, Hyderabad. The cost of corneal transplant varies from hospital to hospital. We assure all our cornea transplant patients to provide best quality cornea.
Best Cornea Transplant Hospital in India
Bharti eye hospital is a top rated NABH hospital in the eye care. Our eye doctors are the most experienced and well trained from the best of hospitals from India and abroad. World class Government approved Cornea transplant facility is available at Bharti eye hospital. Cornea transplant results are very encouraging.
The leading eye doctors in Delhi are associated with Bharti eye hospital. Eye doctors at Bharti eye hospital are super specialized in different specialty like cataract surgery, Lasik laser, SMILE, glaucoma, squint, Oculoplasty, pediatric ophthalmology, retina etc.
Dr. S. Bharti
Director & Senior Consultant- Cataract & Refractive Surgery, Cornea Specialist
Dr. S. Bharti is founder and managing director of Bharti Eye Hospital, New Delhi. He passed his M.B.B.S. with honours from S. N. Medical College, Agra and did his postgraduate degree from the same institution in 1981. READ MORE
Dr. Bhupesh Singh
Senior Consultant Cornea, Cataract and Refractive Surgery Specialist
Dr. Bhupesh Singh is a senior consultant and practicing Ophthalmologist at Bharti Eye Hospital, New Delhi. He is a Cornea, cataract and refractive surgeon. He has done his post graduation from Regional Institute of Ophthalmology, Sitapur. READ MORE
Questions & Answers
The Success Rate Depends Upon Severity Of Corneal Disease. It Also Depends Upon Post Op Care By The Patients.
Redness, Light Sensitivity, Pain, Decrease In Vision Are The Common Symptoms Of Corneal Graft Rejection
Keratoconus Is The Progressive Weakening Of Cornea Due To Which It Looses Its Round Shape And Become Conical.
Success Rate Is More Than 95%
Yes It Can Cause Keratoconus
There Is No Waiting Time Now For Corneal Transplant In Our Hospital.
What My Clients Say
Dr. Bharti is amazing! My sister, my dad and I all went to him for LASIK and PRK. He is the BEST, hands down. I recommend Dr. bharti to everyone who is considering LASIK.
The procedure was quick and easy, recovery time was extremely fast and I would recommend getting Cataract from Dr. Bhupesh Singh to everyone! I’m just sorry I didn’t get Cataract sooner.
I love coming here because staff here is extremely knowledgeable. From the front desk, to the techs, to the doctors, everyone does their jobs extremely well and makes an appt go smoothly. I’ve seen Dr. S. Bharti and Dr. Bhupesh Singh and both are great.
I had my Lasik surgery 4 days ago and I’m still amazed that I can see! I had bad eyes for about 18 years and 10 of those years I was almost legally blind. To be able to see crystal clear is such a beautiful feeling it makes me want to cry. Dr. S. Bharti has changed my life.